Domaine Le Sanctuaire des Lacs has two gates situated about 10
kilometers apart. The south gate is closer to Lac
Louisa and the town of Lachute, whereas the North Gate is closer
to the towns of Morin-Heights and St-Sauveur.
The surrounding region offers the opportunity for a great variety
Heights trails. More than 60 km
of groomed cross-country ski trails
plus lots of backcountry. About 200
km of hiking trails. Telephone: 450-226-1220.
- Ski Morin Heights. About 12
minutes from the gate. Offers a 200-meter
drop with 23 downhill ski trails. See
- Ski Mont St-Sauveur. About
25 minutes from the gate. Offers a 213-meter
drop with 38 downhill ski trails. See
- St-Sauveur Water Park. Large
Water Park on the same mountain as the
ski resort. See their web
- Balmoral Golf Club. 18-hole
golf club in Morin-Heights. For reservations
- Piedmont Golf Club. 18-hole
golf club in Piedmont. For reservations
- Town of Morin Heights. (15
minutes from the gate) Small town (population
2,250) with an IGA grocery store, SAQ,
general store, about a dozen restaurants,
library, pharmacy, post office, etc.
- Town of St-Sauveur. (25 minutes
from the gate) Picturesque town with
over 80 restaurants and all the amenities
of a large town (population 8,200).
St-Sauveur is larger than the town of
Morin-Heights but smaller than Lachute.
Louisa. Just outside of the south gate is Lac Louisa. This
large lake is 5 km long with an 11-km circumference. Lac
Louisa allows motor boats.
- Golf Lachute. A 36-hole golf course with online reservations.
See their website or
reserve by telephone at (450) 562-5228.
- Golf L’Oasis. An 18-hole course In Chatham (near
Brownsburg). Call 450-562-1094 or 800-853-2424 for tee-off times
- Carling Lake Golf Club. An 18-hole club near Brownsburg.
See their website
or call: (450) 533-5333.
- Brownsburg Curling. Visit: www.curling-quebec.qc.ca/club-brownsburg.
Telephone: (450) 533-6723.
- Town of Lachute. (25 minutes from the gate) Lachute
has all the amenities of a large town (population 12,000) including
schools, hospital, library, etc.
- Trans-Quebec Snowmobile Trail. The Hibou Blanc trail
passes very closely to the south gate and joins up with the Trans
Quebec Trail near Highway 364. See trail map on the Hibou Blanc
- Shopping centers. McDonald's, Canadian Tire, Wal-Mart, Bowling.
- Complexe Intégré Touristique de Wentworth coming.
Click here for more information
on the Laurentians.